Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Professor Lemos Dominates His First MMA Fight!


Last Saturday night proved to be another milestone victory for Professor Carlos Lemos Jr as he fought a dominating fight to win his MMA debut in two minutes and fourteen seconds! Carlos exchanged blows with his opponent, Jason Rine, for forty-nine seconds, then he caught a leg and the fight went to the ground. Carlos immediately took mount and released a barrage of punches, forcing his opponent to give up his back. Once Carlos had his back he maintained control, transitioning to mount once to release more strikes, which again caused Jason to give up his back, leading to a finish by rear naked choke barely two minutes into the first round! It was a textbook exposition on the effectiveness of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu and groundfighting in MMA, and surely there will be more to come from Professor Lemos!


Carlos would like to offer the following thanks:

First thanks always go to God.

Thanks to Doctors Ryan Headley, Jason Davidson, Russ Manney, Erik Dodson, and Michael Morgan for the invaluable medical support and services.

Thanks to my striking coaches Lou Tobar, Dean Bustami, and Hector Vargas.

Thanks to Professor Filipe Jerry Oliveira and Pablo Ortega for grappling advice.

Thanks to Condrat Lamcov for judo and takedown training.

Thanks to Brandon Gardner for MMA coaching and training.

Thanks to my sparring partners Tommy Mikowski, Jr Reyes, Hector Vargas, Jon Tutaj, Brian, Joel Gordils and Erick Waller.

Thanks to my student and friend David Marcos for the support and sports psychology consultation.

I'd like to thank Niclas Gustavsson, Peter Berglund, Andreas Widen, Johan Olsson, Matthias and Pele from my students at Gracie Barra Sweden.

I'd like to thank Jukka Lemola, Markku Tapiola, Tattu, Loni and Temmu from my students at Gracie Barra Finland.

I'd to thank Salvo Pace, Jason, Rich Wev, Pat, Ali Mason and Nicolai Holt from my students and friends at Gracie Barra Bath Spa UK.

I'd like to thank Gibran Alvarez my student from Gracie Barra Cancun/Playa del Carmen.

I'd like to thank Ryo Ominami my student from Gracie Barra Japan.

Thanks to Joe Goytia for believing in me and for giving me the opportunity to participate in that wondeful event Total Fight Challenge, the best local MMA show in Chicago.

Thanks to Master George Sky and Sky Martial Arts Center.

Thanks to my senseis from Tohkon Judo, Doug Tono, Condrat Lamcov and Sensei Majeeme.

Thanks to Gracie Barra The Loop, Gracie Barra Decatur and Gracie Barra Springfield for all the support.

Thanks to my sponsors Hypoxico, Powerbalance, and On The Mat.

Special thanks to all my students at Countryside BJJ, who without their support, love and dedication none of this would be possible.

Finally, extra special thanks to my wonderful wife Miryan for putting up with all the trials and rigors of a husband in a fighting camp.







No comments:

Post a Comment